2012 Yamaha WR450F
- Stock Number:
For 2012, the ultimate trail machine is now fuel-injected.
The best just got even better. The new WR450F features a powerful and reliable high-revving five-titanium-valve engine with new fuel injection, YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame, latest generation YZ forks and shock, and new slim bodywork with updated head-light design gives the WR450F an aggresive, tough appearance. Plus it's green sticker approved for California.
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Bore x Stroke||95mm x 63.4mm|
|Engine||449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection|
|Brake Front||Hydraulic single disc brake|
|Brake Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake|
|Suspension Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable|
|Suspension Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 12-in travel|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Additional Features - Adjustable front brake lever.
- Additional Features - Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. ProTaper® aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
- Additional Features - Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
- Additional Features - Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and sweet LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Additional Features - One-piece, high-strength, plastic skidplate shaves weight and offers great protection.
- Additional Features - Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Additional Features - Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
- Additional Features - Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
- Chassis/Suspension - Fully adjustable air/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- Chassis/Suspension - Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Chassis/Suspension - Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- Chassis/Suspension - Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Chassis/Suspension - Tapered swingarm adopts YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Lightweight axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
- Chassis/Suspension - The KYB® shock provides 12.0 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Chassis/Suspension - Wave-style brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Chassis/Suspension - YZ-inspired aluminum frame helps reduce weight while optimizing mass centralization. An extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings, castings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Engine - 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Engine - Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Engine - Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to provide optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Engine - Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
- Engine - Electric start ensures easy restarts.
- Engine - Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
- Engine - Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
- Engine - No-tools airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid. Battery rides low for excellent handling.
- Engine - Special crank balance factor and AC generator provide super-smooth running. A piston oil-jet provides increased cooling for long life.
- Engine - Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch, good for quick-hitting power in the woods, as well as eye-opening top-end power.
- Engine - Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Key Features - A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
- Key Features - Highly evolved five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
- Key Features - Highly functional digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode— or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
- Key Features - The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
- New for 2012 - All this, including: tool-less access air box, Excel rims, 18" rear wheel, ProTaper® handlebars, wave-type brake rotors, electric start, on-the-fly clutch adjuster, and side stand. This machine is ready for tight trails, woods, or desert fun.
- New for 2012 - Compact YZ250F-based chassis provides a lightweight feeling with plush suspension performance for the most demanding rider.
- New for 2012 - New fuel injection system delivers quick throttle response and smooth power delivery at nearly all altitudes and temperatures.
- New for 2012 - New slim bodywork with updated headlight design gives the WR450F an aggressive, tough appearance.
- New for 2012 - The new WR450F comes equipped with the latest generation KYB® SSS YZ-type fork and shock, dialed in for off-road use.